Background

Thursday, January 4, 2018

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Mona Lisa suggested, after my telling her that I was writing about our chocolate covered cherries debate, that I should tell of other complaints I have lodged.

I COUNT everything!  This is, I realize, a part of my OCD!  I had a box of bobby pins and it had the quantity of 100 listed on the label.  There were only 96.  I returned them to the store (it was Revco) and the Manager asked, with some incredulity, "You actually counted them?" Offended, I answered, "Of course I counted them!"  He handed another container to me and I proceeded to count them right there in front of him.  There was a shortage of three pins.  He returned my money and told me to keep the bobby pins. 

My Black and Decker food chopper was damaged because a date from a box of Dole "pitted" dates contained a pit.  I called the Dole 800 number and I was instructed to send the empty box;  I received a check for $10.00.

I return any aerosol cans that quit working which still have product in them.

We had gone to the Warehouse Club and one of the items I purchased was a box of 1,000 packets of Sweet 'N Low.  During the trip home, Gerald asked, with amusement, "Are you going to count them?"  I answered, "Of course not!" He laughed and said, "Oh, yeah, you will!"  I protested, "I don't HAVE to count them!"  After he had gone to bed, I was in the kitchen and I had the packets on the table and had several piles of 100 counted when I had the eerie feeling that someone was watching and there was Gerald peeking from the dining room. He said, "I KNEW that you couldn't help yourself and that you would count them!" 

I have had a number of people ask for me to return items for them.  One person suggested that the stores might become suspicious of me for returning too many items.  My brother said the stores probably have pictures of me posted as a warning. I am pleased that I have also influenced others to demand their rights.

One of my nephews was twelve years old and had a Tootsie Roll Pop without ANY Tootsie Roll inside. My brother told him that he should be like Aunt Sue and complain, which he did. The really smart Quality Control person who answered the letter wrote it in an appropriate style to a young person and sent him a box of Tootsie Roll Pops and encouraged him to share it with his friends and told him to get in contact with him if he had any further problems.
  

No comments: