Saturday, February 19, 2011
DO YOU EVER FEEL STUPID?
If you ever feel a little bit stupid, just dig this up and read it again; you'll begin to think you're a genius.
1. (On September 17, 1994, Alabama's Heather Whitestone was selected as Miss America 1995.)
Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
2. "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
3. "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.
4. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."
--Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward
5. "Outside of the killings, Washington D.C. has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
--Marion Barry, Mayor, Washington, D.C.
6. "That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it,"
--A congressional candidate in Texas
7. "Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies Manager Danny Ozark
8. "I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
-- Dan Quayle
9. "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
10. "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
--Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.
11. "We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."
-- Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.
12. "Your food stamps will be stopped effective March, 1992, because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."
--Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina
13. "Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas"
14. "If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record."
--Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman