Background

Monday, September 8, 2014

NOT SOOOOOOO STUPID!

See the e-mail from my friend Patty entitled STOOOOOOPID!:

People rarely like to admit their ignorance of a subject. There should be no shame, but somehow there always is. With that in mind, here is what I learned for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I did not know that a corn stalk had only one ear of corn on it! I thought all stalks had ten or twenty ears on them. My old "farmer" husband looked at me when I uttered my opinion like I had just stolen the Hope Diamond! "You're kidding." he said over and over; I knew this because I heard him over and over again! We moved into our current place four years ago and a man behind us plants a tiny garden behind his house. He always has several corn stalks there. Now that I know he is getting only six or seven ears out of them, I wonder why he bothers. I wonder what else I will find out this year--I'm still getting over that cranberries come from--
BOGS!

I sent this YOUTUBE video to Patty showing guys picking more than one ear per stalk!

No comments: