Background

Sunday, June 19, 2016

HAPPY FORTY-FIFTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO MY HUSBAND

                    HAPPY FORTY-FIFTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO MY HUSBAND

.
Yesterday, an acquaintance asked what I was doing this weekend and during the conversation, I mentioned our wedding anniversary.  I said, "I like him better today than the day we married."

When thinking about choosing the date for our wedding, I told Gerald I would like June 19 because that was the date of the anniversary of my brother Ken and his wife and they made me know that life-long love was possible.  Gerald commented, "And they accepted me right from the beginning.  In retrospect, it's now difficult to believe that Gerald wasn't immediately accepted as he is held in much esteem now.  As my brother now says, "But WHO would have been GOOD ENOUGH for you?"  Recently, I was very touched when one of my nephews said that Gerald had influenced his life by showing how a man should behave.

As we shared the same anniversary date, Gerald and I would oftentimes celebrate it with Ken and Betty.  We went to numerous memorable places such as The Maramor, Annarino's, Yannucci's, The King Cole, and The Kenley Players, but my all-time favorite memory is from when we saw Ed Ames perform in the musical I Do! I Do! at the Country Dinner Playhouse.  The song My Cup Runneth Over comes from that show.  Listen to Ed Ames' lovely rendition:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my favorite couple. ML