Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

NEVER SELF CHECK OUT

A friend sent the "NEVER SELF CHECKOUT" article from Facebook.

Recently I went to my favorite local grocery (which is a union shop) very early in the morning and the only available check outs were the "self checkouts";  as there is always an attendant standing at the end of the self checkout area, I addressed her by saying, "I will never use this;  if someone doesn't come to wait on me, I shall go to the horrible WalMart which I try to boycott!"

The attendant came to the checkout and performed the work.  I asked to see the Manager, but the Manager was not available that early.  I asked to see the Union Steward and she revealed that she was the Steward.  She agreed with me that she didn't like the self checkouts, but she had no say-so in the decision.  I said for her to relay my great displeasure to the Manager.

I did get in contact with the corporate office but I also realize that it was an exercise in futility.

No comments: