Background

Sunday, October 3, 2010

DO YOU EAT WITH THAT MOUTH?


On second shift, the office telephones were switched to the manufacturing floor at 7:00 PM; although we would sometimes receive calls which were office related, mostly the calls were just inter-department related. We were still supposed to answer the telephones in a professional manner such as "International, Department 28, this is Sue Raypole, how can I help you?" but in the bustle of the night, many times I would rush to the phone and hurriedly say, "28--Raypole". One night I answered the phone that way and the voice on the other end asked, "Do you eat with that mouth?"

It was my brother on the phone, calling from his department. It was a lesson well-learned. I never answered the phone in an unprofessional manner again.

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

Add that to the things you learned from your brothers!