Background

Saturday, October 23, 2010

FRENCHY


When Gerald purchased his outfit for our wedding, it required tailoring. Lazarus sent him to "Frenchy the Tailor". "Frenchy" was a Frenchman who had come to the United States after World War II. I accompanied Gerald to the tailor shop.

Frenchy had Gerald stand on a platform as he marked the suit for alterations. As Frenchy was measuring the inseam, he asked Gerald, "On which side do you dress?" I could see Gerald was bewildered by the question as he had never had anything tailored previously. I quickly stood up and motioned for Gerald to let me whisper in his ear. After I whispered some pertinent information, Gerald sheepishly gestured toward the appropriate side.

Later, Gerald asked, "How did you know that?" I answered, "I have seven brothers!"

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

So, WHICH side is it?