Background

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

JOHN AND ANNIE GLENN


Yesterday, in Chillicothe, I was honored to once again be in the company of John and Annie Glenn. From his first camapaign for Senate to the 2008 Presidential campaign, I have been fortunate to have met the Glenns numerous times, but today is my favorite.

I spoke to Mrs. Glenn and asked if she would autograph a picture of herself and Senator Glenn. The photograph is from a 2006 publication, "The Road To Blue". She looked at the picture and said, "I'm wearing the same jacket in that picture as I am today." I said, "Well, it's a classic--it never goes out of style--and red is YOUR color." She said, "Oh, how nice of you to remember that." In all of the campaigns and appearances I have seen her, she always wore red! She laughed and said, "And I'm wearing the SAME eagle pin and the SAME blouse!" She pointed to the necklace in the picture and said, "And I almost wore that necklace, but I put this scarf on to keep warm!"

When I asked Senator Glenn for his autograph, Mrs. Glenn pointed out to him that she was wearing the same jacket today as in the photograph. Senator Glenn asked, "Does this mean I have to buy you a new coat?"

2 comments:

skymetalsmith said...

Yea Aunt Sue, You did what I was gonna do. I got waylaid again!

Mona Lisa said...

This is absolutely the BEST article so far! Funny, sweet, touching and as your brother would hate to hear, "poignant"!