Background

Sunday, June 3, 2018

BUD!





In a restaurant on Friday, I mentioned that I was glad we were there early and would miss the "Friday rush";  as we were having an enjoyable time visiting with our friends, I surveyed the surroundings and noticed that the majority of the patrons there were old. I laughed and said that we fit the stereotype of old people eating early.  

After we went to the salad bar, I heard our waiter tell people at another table, "Don't mean to rush ya guys, it's almost time for the rush."

Each time he came to our table, he addressed Gerald as "Bud" which I found rather disconcerting, but Gerald was amused so I didn't comment. I was still eating my soup and he started to take the soup bowl, which I had placed on my empty salad plate to make room because our entrees had arrived. I said, "Whoa, I'm not finished." He leaned across the table and asked our friend, "Can I get them dishes outta yer way?" I couldn't help myself; I pointed to Gerald's stacked dishes and said, "You can take THOSE dishes!"

Later the waiter asked, "Can I get you guys some dessert?" He was very efficient and solicitous, but I wish someone would tell him not to try to RUSH people and refer to people as "Bud" and "guys", but Gerald said, "At least he didn't call me Dude!"

Later, I asked, "So how much did you tip him, BUD?" Gerald said, "20%; I thought he was a good waiter." I answered, "Well, he wasn't going to get anything from this GUY!"

No comments: