Background

Monday, August 20, 2018

IT SMELLS LIKE A FUNERAL HOME


I never thought that I could have TOO many bouquets of flowers in the house, but I might reconsider.

Last week I had a meeting scheduled at our house and I wanted to have fresh flower arrangements throughout the house. I didn't have a single flower blooming in the yard. Our niece had told me that I was welcome to come by to cut some flowers from her yard as she had plenty of flowers in bloom.

I had picked several bunches of different flowers and she kept encouraging me to pick more. I had black-eyed Susans, gladioli, cosmos, bachelor's buttons, amaryllis, zinnias, and hydrangeas gathered. I had more than enough flowers for arrangements for every room.

After I'd completed 12 arrangements, competing scents were wafting throughout the house. When my brother walked in he said, "It smells like a funeral home!"

Perhaps one CAN have too many flowers in the house!

No comments: