Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"IT SMELLS LIKE A FUNERAL HOME!"


I never thought that I could have TOO many bouquets of flowers in the house, but I might reconsider.

Last week I had a meeting scheduled at our house and I wanted to have fresh flower arrangements throughout the house. I didn't have a single flower blooming in the yard. Our niece Robin had told me that I was welcome to come by to cut some flowers from her yard.

I had picked several bunches of different flowers and Robin kept encouraging me to pick more! I had black-eyed Susans, gladioli, cosmos, bachelor's buttons, amaryllis, zinnias, hydrangeas, and even crysanthemums (blooming already!) gathered. I had more than enough flowers for arrangements for every room.

After I'd completed 12 arrangements, competing scents were wafting throughout the house. When a brother walked in he said, "It smells like a funeral home!"

Perhaps one CAN have too many flowers in the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT'S THAT SMELL? ML