Background

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

RICH AND SNOOTY

I am fairly certain that I do NOT look "rich and snooty" but quite often in stores, I have had people ask me if I worked at the store and ask for information.
If I know about the request, I always respond with an answer but then I look at the clothes I'm wearing and wonder if what I am wearing resembles a uniform.
I am always on the lookout for movies that I, Gerald and a number of friends and family might want. Just yesterday, I was sorting through a bin of $3.00 movies and I have a specific method of sorting: I take out approximately 20 movies, put them in my cart, then stack the remainder in piles in the bin and then work my way around the bin, thus enabling me to see all the titles.
A woman came up to MY (yes, I realize that I become very territorial during my pursuit!) bin and began looking at the movies but she was ruining my method as she was tossing the movies willy-nilly around the bin. I asked, "Are you looking for something in particular?" She answered, "Nah." I said, "I have a list of ones I'd like to find." and I produced my fat notebook of "lists" which I maintain and she looked at me as if I were the craziest person she'd ever met!

She said, "Oh, I thought you work here."  Fortunately, for me, she left quickly.
Within a few minutes a man and woman approached me and the woman was in a wheelchair and she asked, "Do they have any craft supplies here?" I immediately directed them to the proper location.


  • Comments
  • Sue Shirkey-Raypole

    Write a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are SNOOTY! ML