Background

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

THE "COLORED" PRESIDENT

An ACTUAL overheard conversation:

AN ELDERLY WOMAN: "Now I don't have anything against colored people but I think one of them is enough as President."
A MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN: "I know what you mean."

OK,  here was my dilemma:
1. Should I interject myself?
2. It would reveal that I was eavesdropping.
3. Is it my duty to correct the use of "colored"?
4. Do I really want to be against someone who dislikes Ben Carson despite the horrible reason?

Although it was obviously my moral and patriotic duty to become involved--after all, I AM the CORRECTION POLICE--I thought, "I'll let both of them exist in their prejudice as I know both of them are Republicans", but I was interested to know which of the other 8 or 10 candidates they would support.

You already knew I couldn't resist, right?  I asked them, "So, which of the other LIARS would you support?" After their shock that I had interjected myself--and used the word liars-- I gave a detailed account of the lies which Rubio, Cruz, Trump, Fiorina, Christie, Paul, Kasich, and Bush had committed recently. The elderly woman asked, "So you're for Carson?" I laughed uproariously and answered, "Oh, Hell no, he's just abysmally ignorant about the Constitution, history, geography, and the environment, but it has NOTHING to do with his being African American."

My ever astute brother asked, "How could you have omitted Carson's HYPOCRISY of taking advantage of Affirmative Action and USPHS grants plus he was reared by a SINGLE mother who received food stamps, welfare, public housing, Medicaid, and eyeglasses for him?"

So much for that BOOTSTRAPS thing!

No comments: