Background

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

HOOKED & LADDERED

Gerald says that I "interview" everyone with whom I come in contact. While that is not entirely accurate, I do, oftentimes, inquire about people and their backgrounds interests when first meeting them.

Today, I wanted to talk to a firefighter, not about any Fire Department issue, but I had a personal question.

After introducing myself and finding out what I wanted to know, I asked the firefighter about his background and how he'd decided on firefighting as a vocation.  

He said he had been an EMS member and also a volunteer firefighter in his small town and he said, "I guess I just got hooked on it."  I replied, "Or, in your case, you could've gotten hooked and laddered on it."

He said, "I like that;  I think I'll use it."  I laughed and said, "Go ahead;  no charge."

No comments: