Background

Sunday, September 24, 2017

KINDRED SPIRIT

At a wedding reception Gerald and I peered around, looking for a place to sit but couldn't see any available seats with any people we know.   My feet were hurting from the damned high heels I was wearing and all I cared about was sitting DOWN!  I spotted a table where there were only four people sitting.  I asked, "Are you saving these seats for anyone?"  A man stood and said, "I am so glad you didn't ask if somebody was already sitting there."  His wife said, "He always has to make fun when people ask that."  I laughed and said that I also hated it when people would ask that inane question.

Sensing a kindred spirit and during an enjoyable conversation learned that we knew several people in common and that I had worked with his brother years ago.  

During the conversation he told the following:


I told him I'd be telling the joke!

No comments: