Background

Monday, April 30, 2012

DOC HAS A POINT

FROM PATTY BURCH


WILL I LIVE TO SEE 80?

Here's something to think about.

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing fairly well for my age. (I will soon turn seventy).

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?"

"Oh no, I replied. I'm not doing drugs, either!"

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

I said, "Not much; my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

"Do you spend alot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't", I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No", I said.

He looked at me and asked, "Then, why do you even give a shit?"

No comments: