Background

Sunday, September 23, 2012

GROWING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES


Today my client and I went to brunch at a local buffet. I went through the line first and as he was going around the buffet table, he stopped at the end of the table and said, "After you, sir." He did not realize he was looking into a mirror. When the "sir" did not respond, he stated, emphatically, "After YOU, sir!" I nudged him and said, "It's YOU!" He obviously didn't hear me as he stayed in the same spot, feet firmly planted, with cane in hand. I said, loudly, "That's a mirror!" Of course, he was then embarrassed. At the table, I reassured him that no one else had heard me. I don't think he enjoyed his meal because of the embarrassment.

I have gotten glimpses of myself in mirrors and for a moment, not realized it was myself.

What did Bette Davis say? "Growing old is not for sissies."

CLICK HERE to see more quotes from Bette Davis.

No comments: