Background

Friday, December 16, 2016

HE OWNS IT



My favorite Christmas song by Elvis is Blue Christmas. 

Last week, during lunch with my "Wild Lunch Bunch", we were being entertained by a singer who was obviously an Elvis wannabe.  He did a good job while singing a couple of songs which had been written especially for Elvis but when he began singing Blue Christmas, I sighed and said, "Elvis OWNS that one!"  One of my group took my statement literally and responded, "I didn't know he wrote it."   After I explained that I thought Elvis' version was incomparable and no other entertainer could equal his version, she said that she's heard that Elvis didn't want to record it.  I said, "Oh, in his 1968 TV special, he said that it was his favorite Christmas song."

Listen here to that version:




No comments: