Background

Friday, February 17, 2017

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS



Random Acts of Kindness And Senseless Acts Of Beauty is a children's book by Anne Herbert. She coined the phrase in 1982 and Jack Canfield used the phrase in his book Chicken Soup For The Soul.

February 17 is National Random acts Of Kindness Day. The day, of course began after Anne Herbert's book became popular.

I try to perform acts of kindness on a daily basis.

Below is an article I wrote in 2010:

Today I was at my doctor's office in Wilmington and an elderly woman left the Receptionist's area and sat down. The Receptionist asked if she needed anything else and the woman said she was waiting for a cab. She was still sitting there when I came out from seeing the doctor. I asked the woman if I could take her home. I said, "We can ask the Receptionist to call the cab company to tell them you've left." We had a very enjoyable conversation on our drive to her home and she insisted on paying me and I told her, "Just PAY IT FORWARD and do something good for somebody else." I told her I would wait until she went in the house. She went to her porch and brought back a sack of cucumbers. Of course I could not refuse. I now have THIRTY cucumbers; does anybody want cucumbers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the kindest people I have ever known! ML