Background

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

DISH THE DIRT

At a recent gathering, I was sitting with several other women.  Several former wives and former husbands were there with their current spouses.  I commented how marvelous it was that the exes got along well.

The newest member graciously said, "It's all about the kids, isn't it?"  After that person left the group to take care of "hostessing" duties, I commented how difficult it is being a hostess. Another person (who, it just so happens, is the ex-wife of the husband of the "hostess"), said to me, "Oh, I love her to bits, but she is just so bossy."

I thought to myself, "Oh, no, I'm not about to fall for that open invitation to dish the dirt."

I answered, "I find her to be quite charming."

Oh, by the way, the hostess IS quite bossy!

No comments: