Background

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

PUMPKIN SPICE DREAD

WHO, in his/ her infinite wisdom decided that PUMPKIN SPICE is to be the flavor du jour?  Each autumn I am filled with dread and foreboding because I know that pumpkin spice will be EVERYWHERE!  At least this year I do not feel alone as Chef Michael Symon rants about it on The Chew and my favorite comic strip Sally Forth has spent several days bewailing the trend.
 
See my favorite John Oliver on Last Week Tonight:

In 2011 I had the same feelings about the prevalence of lemon in our universe.  See that article below.

                                 LEMON-AID



Who, in his/her infinite wisdom, decided that LEMON was to be the scent du jour?  Must I have everything--from Pledge to Windex--smell like LEMON? I liked the old smell of Windex.  I even saw "lemon meringue pie" scent on candles.

Detergent, dish washing liquid, bleach, disinfectants, dryer sheets, perfume, candles, soap, body wash, moist towelettes, carpet deodorizer, deodorizing wipes, bathroom cleaner, oven cleaner, dishwasher detergent, car deodorizers, computer screen wipes, air dusters, leather cleaner, mop pads, insoles, shaving cream, paper towels, cartridge filter cleaner, nail polish, car cleaners, wood shavings for pet boxes, and ant aerosols (what do the ants care?),--all LEMON-scented.

But today it went past all sensibility--I saw LEMON-SCENTED PAINT--now one's whole house can smell like lemons.

No comments: