Background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

VIC CASSANO


Vic Cassano, the "Pizza King", spoke at our Management Club meeting. After telling us the history of his and "Mom Donisi's" business, he told an amusing story about a one-armed fisherman. The punch line was: "He said he caught a fish this big." and Cassano held one arm outstretched. Maybe you had to be there to get the full visual effect.

Cassano told his business philosophy that there are some magic words and those words are: "Will you help me?" He told how he used the question in all aspects of his business. For instance, if he were in one of the restaurants and he asked one of the cooks that question the answer would be, "Of course, Mr. Cassano." He said that if he asked one of his Managers that the response would be, "Sure, Mr. Cassano, glad to help." He said when he would ask his Board of Directors, they would usually respond, "Maybe, Vic." but he said that sometimes he would have to change it to "ARE you going to help me?" and they would answer, "Of course, Vic."

Over the years, I myself have used those "magic words". Just recently, in trying to enlist some volunteers, a person responded, "Oh, no, you're using that look and asking will you help me--AGAIN!"

Perhaps I use the magic words too often!

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

Sue, you've used that LOOK with me and also the "Will you help me?" LINE. It's good you are so transparent!