Background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

HONEY MULES

I just read an article about contaminated honey from Asia being banned in Europe but it's flooding the U.S. market. This is a big scare since we love honey.

Les said, "I can just see it--like cocaine smuggling--they'll have HONEY MULES swallowing condoms filled with honey and defecating the honey all over Europe--you can't stop the honey trade!" Will we need a Honey Czar and a War On Honey?

Our favorite is "Tupelo honey" and the only place I'm able to purchase it locally is at the Mennonite store. Of course Gerald checks "online" for everything for prices; although it is expensive, it's cheaper at the Mennonite store. I don't think the Asians have Tupelo honey. I'll certainly be checking to see the origin.

I love Van Morrison's song "Tupelo Honey"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Les is so funny!