Background

Sunday, June 10, 2012

ANOTHER REASON TO HATE WALMART


As if I needed another reason!

The day after Memorial Day, I went to Walmart to buy flowers for the cemetery for next year. I only put live flowers on my mother's grave and buy artificial ones for the other graves we decorate. I always buy the artificial flowers after the holiday and put them in the basement. I do the same thing after Christmas.

At Walmart I loaded 13 arrangements in my cart and took them to the check-out.

I don't like it because Walmart has short belts and no dividers at their check-outs. (I see that as a deliberate strategy to screw us!) I always demand that the clerk allow me to place everything on the belt prior to the start of totaling so that I can watch the tally. Walmart makes many errors. (I see that as deliberate, also!)

The first arrangement rang up at the regular price. I stopped the clerk and asked her if the flowers were marked down; she called somebody else (not a Manager) who said that they weren't marked down. I asked for the Manager. The Assistant Manager came and said they weren't marked down. I said, "Then I don't want them." Leaving the flowers on the belt, the cart beside the belt, and with several people lined up behind me, I walked out.

As I've written before, I DO have the Walmart District Manager's number on Speed Dial, and I called to ask if this was a local policy or company-wide! When he told me that the flowers were not considered "seasonal", I told him that they were last year and that I was going to K-Mart! I called K-Mart and yes, I'm going to spend the money on gas to go to Chillicothe, because the flowers are so damned expensive, and even with the cost of gas, I will still save money. THANK YOU, K-Mart!

Les said that Walmart probably has my picture posted in the corporate office! He also said that I am petty and childish, but, he knows me so well!

NOTE: Spell Check corrects the spelling of Walmart; I checked the spelling of Walmart and although it was formerly Wal-Mart, the hyphen is no longer used.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't go there; if I can't get it somewhere else, I obviously don't need it!

Anonymous said...

I'm not defending the apathy that the employees obviously feel as far as their job is concerned, but you sound like an unbelievably neurotic person.
First of all, did you not look at the prices of the arrangements before you loaded up your cart? Secondly, you can't honestly blame the cashier for not knowing the specific prices on every item in the store.
To think that there is a secret plot designed by the Walmart executives to "screw you" by having no dividers at the check out, is incredibly paranoid.
I never comment on things like this, and I agree Walmart can be awful to deal with sometimes. I have no idea where you got your twisted sense of the way the world works, but it is not realistic. I honestly feel worse for the Walmart general manager than I do for you in this story.