Background

Friday, June 8, 2012

CHLOE


At a fundraising event today, we spent time with one of the campaign interns (go-fers) whose name was Chloe. I said, "I like Chloe." She beamed, thinking I meant her name. I pointed to my neck and said, "Sniff; I'm wearing Chloe perfume." She said "Oh, that is so ironic."

Well, I do have Chloe perfume, but I was NOT wearing it. I was just having fun with her.

Chloe is one of the numerous perfumes I bought while trying to find another perfume to like after my signature perfume L'Interdit was discontinued. It's a lovely bottle now setting on my mother's dresser.

Another anecdote: as Gerald and I were sitting with Chloe, another intern, a young man, joined us. We were waiting for our shuttle to take us from the venue back to the headquarters. There were huge vases filled with flowers and one of the waiters dropped a vase and the glass shattered. I asked, "Oh, don't you just hate when that happens?" Gerald, Chloe and I laughed; Chloe's counterpart looked at us strangely. I said, "The poor guy; they'll probably dock his pay." The oh-so-earnest young man said, "Oh, I don't think they would do that." I said, "I was being funny." Chloe said, "Everything she says is funny!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of your cast-offs to your mother, eh?