Background

Sunday, October 21, 2012

DONNIE GUMMER'S LITTLE GIRL


My friend Patty's younger brother went to school with Don Gummer, but, growing up in Indianapolis, the now renowned artist and sculptor was called Donnie Gummer!

I called Patty to ask her if she'd seen "Donnie Gummer's little girl" in the new television show. Don's daughter Mamie Gummer is the star of her own series Emily Owens, M.D. I was struck by the fact that Mamie looks very much like her mother's side of the family and not Donnie's side. I could see gestures and mannerisms reminiscent of her mother.

You might be wondering how I know so much about Mamie's mother. Perhaps it's because her mother is my favorite actress and you might have heard of her also, as she is probably more famous than her husband, who is Mamie's father.

In Indianapolis, Mamie is Donnie Gummer's little girl and not just MERYL STREEP'S daughter.

CLICK HERE to read the article: Gee, She Looks Familiar - about Mamie Gummer.

No comments: