Tuesday, February 2, 2016
I TRIED TO ANSWER THE REMOTE CONTROL
Yes, I am embarrassed to admit, but I tried to ANSWER the remote control, thinking it was the phone.
WHY do I need THREE controls for my television set: one for TV, one for movies, and one for VCR tapes? WHY am I charger-challenged?
A friend sent this list to me: Blessed Are We Who Can Laugh At Ourselves. I admit that they all apply to me:
1. You accidentally enter your PIN in the microwave.
2. You have 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
3. You e-mail your spouse who has a computer upstairs.
4. Your reason for not staying in touch with family and friends is that they don't have e-mail or Facebook addresses.
5. You pull up in your driveway and use your cell phone to call someone inside to help with the groceries.
6. When you leave the house without your cell phone, (which you never had for the first 20/30/40 years of your life), it is now cause for panic, and you turn back around to go get it.
7. You get up in the morning and go on-line before you've had your breakfast.
8. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
10. You're reading this, nodding and laughing.
11. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you're going to forward the message.
12. You are too busy to notice that there's no Number 9 above.
13. You actually scrolled up to see if there is a Number 9.
14. Now you're laughing at yourself. Blessed are they that laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to amuse!