Background

Thursday, February 18, 2016

TRENDSETTER?

Today, as a friend and I were leaving a restaurant, I noticed a young woman wearing one pink tennis shoe and one turquoise tennis shoe.
.

I pointed to them and asked, "Is that a new fad?"  She said that she had been doing it since she was "three years old";  well, she is certainly now old enough to know better than to look ridiculous in public!  I told her about a schoolmate who used to wear one scarlet sock and one gray sock when she was wearing her Ohio State University garb.

There is a "National Two-Different Colored Shoes Day" which will be observed on May 3, 2016!  The stated purpose is to "encourage individuality".

.

Later, I said to my friend,  "There are organizations that supply shoes mainly for amputees, children with cerebral palsy, and people with mismatched feet;  she could donate her extra shoes there."  My friend laughed and I told him that I have another friend who has to buy two pairs of shoes because one foot is bigger than the other.

Here are some organizations to help people find their "sole mates":

HEMAPHLEGIC CEREBRAL PALSY SHOE EXCHANGE
NATIONAL ODD SHOE EXCHANGE
ODD SHOE FINDER
SOLES4SOULS, INC.
ONE SHOE, TWO SHOE

Several companies will give discounts to people needing to buy different sized shoes:  Nordstrom's, Birkenstock, Healthy Feet Store, Nike, and Brooks Sports, Inc.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only YOU seem to have these adventures but I don't doubt they are true because I've been with you during some of them but I notice they only happen WITH you and not when I'm by myself! ML