Background

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

SPIFFY

A young friend asked if I wanted to "hang out";  I don't know what that means, but I agreed to "visit" or "do something";  I guess that's the same as "hanging out".

So, there I was, wearing a Kasper for A.S.L. spring suit, thinking that I was looking quite SPIFFY..

He asked, "So you want to go bowling?"

I immediately gleaned that he meant that my jacket looked like a bowling shirt!  I couldn't be TOO offended, because I always say, "I would forgive almost anything if it were funny!" Dammit, that was funny!

I answered, in a pitiable tone, "Waaaannnh, I thought I looked spiffy."

He asked, "What's spiffy?"

Definition of the adjective spiffy:  "smart in appearance, fashionable, well-dressed, elegant, trendy, stylish, or chic."

I guess it might be fashionable bowling attire.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you at Le-Ella! ML