Background

Sunday, January 15, 2017

BLOG-OS-FEAR


I now ask permission to use the actual names of people when I reference them in my BLOG articles. One time I referenced a friend's name and it upset the friend that I had used the real name.  I corrected--by "updating"--and that article is now only seen in the revised form. 

Original articles only go to the e-mails of friends and family; all others who read the BLOG are "Followers" or look at the BLOG whenever they wish, or people who find me from Google

When I told my friend how many people who'd actually seen the original article, she was somewhat relieved.  She asked how I knew and I was able to tell my friend how many "hits" I'd had.  After the first year of blogging, I seldom check to see how many people read my articles.  However, I am still very interested in comments.

One of my brothers said, "Don't use MY name!" Everyone who knows me knows how many brothers I have and I'm asked frequently WHICH one it is WHEN I don't use the real name!

My best friend wrote, "Were you writing about ME?" I answered, "No, you are THE (friend) and all the others called friends are just "A" (friend) and not BEST (friend)!" She answered, "I thought maybe I had developed dementia and forgotten an incident!"

See "BLOGOSFEAR" from THE URBAN DICTIONARY:

BLOGOSFEAR--THE fear of being talked about or becoming a character in someone's blog.


When he talked to his friend, he was overwhelmed with blogosfear thinking their conversation would be published the next day in her very popular blog.



No comments: