Background

Friday, April 22, 2011

RESURRECTION


Les said that I should have a site dedicated just for my supermarket/restaurant encounters.

Today, I was in line in the grocery and I noticed a cart filled with Easter lilies. A woman in front of me and I had been commenting about the crowds at the stores and we both said we'd come out on Thursday because we thought that Friday would be very crowded. I noticed a cart with Easter lilies significantly reduced in price. I said to the woman, "I'd like to have one, but those look rather pathetic." She answered, "You don't think you can RESURRECT them?" I let out a guffaw and said, "VERY good!" She and I then discussed the problems associated with people not appreciating (or "getting") our humor.

I told her several stories and she shared several with me. She told me how funny her father is. Unfortunately, he had to have a leg amputated recently. Several people brought peppermint candy to him as they knew he favored it. Several people extolled the benefits of peppermint (good for the stomach, etc.) and her father agreed, but then he asked, "You know what happens if you eat too much of it?" None knew the answer; he said, "They cut off your leg!"

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

Is she your "NEW BEST FRIEND"?