Background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

HAPPY GOOD-BYE FACE


My great-nephew John posted "Your Daily Painted Finger" on his Facebook page.

It reminded me of when I was a kid there was a childrens' TV show called "Aunt Fran's" and at the end of the show Aunt Fran painted a "Happy Good-bye Face" on each child's palm. There was an eye underneath the forefinger; another eye under the pinkie; a nose in the middle and a smile across from the thumb. As the children waved goodye, the eye would WINK!

Several years ago, I fell asleep on the sofa and my arm was dangling. When I awoke I was startled to see that someone had painted a "Happy Good-Bye Face" on my hand!

Fran Norris started the program "Aunt Fran And Her Playmates" in 1950 and it aired daily on WBNS-TV in Columbus, OH until 1957. Her show was a forerunner to "Ding Dong School", "Romper Room", "Luci's Toy Shop" and "Sesame Street". Fran Norris is considered to be a pioneer in programming for children.

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

I remember Aunt Fran!