Background

Monday, March 12, 2012

CRINGE--MORE FAYETTE COUNTY TALK


Gretchen, our new contributor to CRINGE--FAYETTE COUNTY TALK, has a particular pet peeve:

"DONE ALREADY" as in the following: "He done already left."

She has also noticed:

AMBALANCE for ambulance
ALBLUM for album

Gerald worked at a poll on Election Day and sitting in the next Precinct were two retired teachers who were also poll workers.

Gerald heard one of the teachers say, "It don't."

I asked, "Didn't the other teacher take him to the woodshed?"

Gerald said he felt like taking a hickory switch to him!

During the Campaign To Repeal SB 5, several of the volunteers and I were having a discussion about "CRINGE" words and I said, "If I hear HAVE WENT one more time, I am going to scream!" It was not an hour later when a newcomer to the Headquarters said the dreaded "HAVE WENT" and I let out a slasher movie kind of scream. Every one there except the offender began laughing! The offender asked, "What's funny?" Quick on the uptake, one of my friends said, "She's practicing for the Blair Witch Project 2!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"She goes" instead of "She said".