Background

Sunday, January 12, 2014

FOOTIES

I am not going to post on here about the common cold being caused by a virus as I have done other years. I am going to scream if I must tell one more person that I have a cold because of a virus and NOT because I do not wear SOCKS! Well, maybe not, since that screaming would probably hurt my already sore throat.

Today, I did put on footies for the first time in years to "pad around" the house. When we are expecting company, Gerald always reminds me to put on shoes. (Hey, you can take the girl out of the country, yada, yadda, yadda!)

By not wearing socks--I could risk frostbite and hypothermia-- but the dreaded cold is a virus which I have unfortunately passed on this week to my shoes-and-socks-wearing brother! Gerald has been immune so far.

Les mentioned that it hadn't been this cold in 25 years and at that time we were in Florida and he was left to care for the cats. He said, "I never told you but I brought the cats inside and put them in the basement." I said, "That's a great idea! Even though there's heat in the garage, it's certainly warmer in the basement!" Moving beds, bowls, litter boxes, etc., from the garage to the basement began and it was cute seeing Gerald and Les bringing in the children two by two! As Les was bringing in Puff all by himself, I asked, "Is that all, Noah?"

It was very amusing to see the "Magnificent 7" surveying their new territory! As everybody knows each cat has his/her bowl and bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm guilty of telling people they need to dress warmly, etc. ML