Background

Saturday, January 4, 2014

SEARS' COMPLAISANCE

I was stunned--and pleased--to see an answer from Sears posted on my BLOG article WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A RELATIVE. The article detailed my umbrage and Sears' response to the problem with my Sears kitchen range.

See my BLOG article which details my problem with the Repair Department of Sears on Thanksgiving Day; also see Sears comment to me on my BLOG...CLICK HERE

This is my response to Sears:

Thank you for responding to my BLOG article concerning my problem with attaining service from Sears. I am providing the information you requested.

Sears number I called {from my warranty book): 1-800-469-4663
Date of initial telephone conversation: Thanksgiving Day afternoon, November 28, 2013
During that conversation, I was told that a Sears repair person would be at my home on Friday, November 29, 2013, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. On November 29, 2013, prior to 5:00 PM, I once again called the Sears number to confirm the appointment. At that time, a woman told me that my appointment was scheduled for DECEMBER 20, 2013, (yes, that's DECEMBER)! I asked, incredulously, "Are you crazy?" During my conversation with the woman, my husband came into the room and announced that he had just received an e-mail from Sears (at his e-mail address) informing him that our appointment was scheduled on DECEMBER 30 (yes, the THIRTIETH of DECEMBER!), 2013.

I hung up the telephone and made other arrangements to have my range repaired. A repair person came to my home that EVENING, November 29, 2013, dislodged the wires to the oven, which enabled me to use the burners; informed me that he needed to order a part; on the following Monday, December 2, 2013, he returned, installed the part, and my range was repaired!

In my home, I have the following Sears products: kitchen range and microwave, washer and dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, sweeper, treadmill, and nearly all of my husband's tools are Craftsman, but I can assure that, with future purchases, I shall consider other brands than Sears.

FINAL OUTCOME: My "Case Manager" Joey called me to let me know how concerned Sears is about my displeasure. They are sending a $50.00 gift card. I told them: "I will accept it with grace."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the $50.00 yet that Gerald has earmarked? ML