Background

Thursday, February 20, 2014

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN?

How many people need to die before the reprehensible "Stand Your Ground" laws are repealed? I would not usually attach a cartoon with such a serious topic, but this one is too perfect not to use.

I am reminded of the song Where Have All The Flowers Gone:

"Where have all the flowers gone?
Gone to graveyards, every one.
When will they ever learn?"

Listen to the classic from Peter, Paul and Mary.



The Trayvon Martin murder was a travesty of justice. Will the jury for Michael Dunn be as incompetent as the jury for Trayvon? So, what if kids are playing their music too loud? Drive away, idiot! Hell, when I'm in my convertible with the top down, I have music blaring; do you think he would shoot an old woman playing classical music, rock and roll, folk, an audio book, or whatever pleases me that day? Probably, if he thought I were black!

I read that the guy who shot the man in the theater for "texting" will probably try to claim "Stand Your Ground" also. Why wouldn't he just move if "texting" was bothering him? The murder victim wasn't talking!

See my article JUSTICE--FAYETTE COUNTY STYLE (HERE) about a sixteen-year-old boy murdered in the Kroger parking lot and the murderer was set free and he paraded the streets of Washington Court House the following day with a firearm strapped to his hip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen two of the stupid jurors who think it wasn't about race and one of them was a 21-year-old black woman! ML