Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

APPETIZERS


I have stated that I could easily live just eating appetizers.  In restaurants, I relish (oh, yes, that is an INTENTIONAL usage) appetizers such as stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, mozzarella sticks, fried zucchini, potato skins, onion rings, and toasted ravioli, oftentimes ordering appetizer samplers rather than a meal.



At home I prepare ham rollups, cheese balls, dips, and other delightful appetizers and canapes. 

In the movie Mermaids, Cher portrayed a single mother with two daughters;  she did not prepare meals but created artistic appetizers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  See the hilarious clip below:






In the movie Another Stakeout, Rosie O'Donnell's
character created appetizers such as the penguins seen on the right side here as well as armadillo-shaped meatloaf.

I prepared Ladybug Canapes and ended up eating all of them because my husband and brother didn't care for the "bruschetta-ish" creation.



Mona Lisa sent me the article (see here) "25 PARTY APPETIZERS THAT SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE.

Her accompanying note read: "For the undisputed Queen of hors d'ooeuvres who not only knows how to spell them, pronounce them, and cook them, and also knows the difference between them and canapés!" I read that the literal translation for hors d'oeuvre is "out of work"; all I have to say is that your appetizers look like a lot of work. Here's hoping for some rumaki at your next get-together!

No comments: