Background

Thursday, March 9, 2017

TWO-TONED FEET

Yesterday I wrote about having PMLE (Polymorphous Light Eruption) or SOLAR URTICARIA.  Naturally, this has limited my activities in life.  I have always been very careful and protection-conscious.

Two years ago I was caught in an unfortunate situation of being exposed to the sun for a lengthy period of time and although I was able to protect my face, neck, and arms by using an umbrella, I ended up with an outbreak of PMLE on my hands and feet.  

On that day I was wearing "Mary Jane" style shoes, with straps across the feet.



After an emergency room visit, it took two weeks of visits to my doctor and dermatologist to recover from the ordeal.  After the recovery, I was left with a very noticeable "suntan" on my hands and feet.  Because of the strap on the shoes, the resulting suntan on the feet was particularly peculiar-looking.

The following week, I was dressed to attend a wedding;  my husband laughed at seeing my feet in pumps and said that I had "two-toned" feet!


No comments: