Background

Friday, February 22, 2013

SALTY LANGUAGE


This cartoon from The New Yorker reminds me of my mother who was known to use salty language and sometimes at inappropriate times. Gerald would ask, "Are you sure Gladys wasn't a sailor?"

One time, when my nephew Allen was a teenager, he and I went to the flea market and while there I bought a bag of hot, roasted cashews to take home to Mother, because she favored them. When Allen and I went in to the family room, there was a roomful of company. Allen handed the bag of nuts to my mother and she immediately put them down beside her chair, because she had no intention of sharing her treat!

After a few minutes, Allen asked her if she were going to open the cashews and she answered, "That's like taking your pecker out in a whorehouse!"

Allen shrieked, "GRANDMA, I can't believe you just said that!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd known HAPPY BUTT! ML