Background

Sunday, February 3, 2013

SHERBERT, CONTINUED


A friend who read the "CRINGE" article about SHERBERT responded that "sherbert" is how everybody pronounces it! I said, "Well, NOT everybody; nobody in my family says SHERBERT!" Her daughter was with us and when she later told her father he was mispronouncing sherbet, she "texted" her mother: "send a picture of that sherbet container so Dad knows I'm right." When I told Les, he replied, drily, "OR, look in a dictionary!"

The little girl is now collecting "CRINGE" words for me: her contributions include: "sidewards" instead of "sideways"; "I upsterstand" instead of "I understand"; "gau" instead of "gauze"; and the seemingly omnipresent "ideal" for "idea"!

She's only nine but she is already CRINGING! There's hope for the future!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She says potatoe, you say potato!" ML