Background

Friday, December 20, 2013

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS STORIES #1

One of my brothers told me NOT to post my favorite Christmas carols AGAIN on the BLOG this year. He said, "It's bad enough that we have to listen to your singing carols from the day after Thanksgiving until after Christmas!"

Instead, I'll be sharing some of my other favorite Christmas stories. You all know The Gift Of The Magi, A Visit From Saint Nicholas, A Christmas Carol, and the Little Match Girl, but there are lesser-known stories which I treasure. For example, I adore Mark Twain's A Letter From Santa Claus.

Twain began by writing to his beloved daughter as if he were Santa: "My dear Susie Clemens..." and he continues in that vein with a letter which is charming and imaginative and filled with good will for others in need and instructing Susie how she should receive her gifts and Twain ends by writing: "Your loving Santa Claus whom people sometimes call The Man In The Moon."

CLICK HERE to see it.

The picture of Samuel Clemens as Santa is wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! ML