Background

Saturday, December 28, 2013

THINGS ONLY MEN SAY

At a birthday party today, I was sitting with a male friend and as some of the people were leaving, one of the men said, "Aren't you glad you were able to see me?"

I was taking a drink at that moment and I did a spit-take; I asked my male companion, "Do you know that there are things that ONLY men say?"

He asked what I meant and I mentioned what had just been said and I continued, "Here's another: what can I do you for; no woman would say that!"

He asked, "What are some other examples?"

I said, "Only men say are you working hard or hardly working and ever since Christ was a Corporal."

My companion laughed in recognition of the quotes. I said, "But my favorite is when men are in stores and they see a male acquaintance they will ask are you going to pay for mine too?"

"When you say "Hi.", men will answer, "Not for a long time."

I told him that I'd written a BLOG article entitled THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN (see here) and that I'd mentioned that men seem to have a problem with small talk.

I swear I have never heard a woman use any of these conversational gambits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's your better-half? ML