Background

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

OUR PLACE

After writing about the CARDiologist group and the amusing confusion caused by that name, I recalled other incidents where one must be SPECIFIC in relaying information:

One time I was responsible for calling people to remind them about a meeting. I told them that the meeting would be at Our Place at 5:00 PM. Although I meant Our Place Restaurant; I failed to say "restaurant" and 6 people showed up at OUR HOUSE.

Another time, I was supposed to meet someone at "the Chinese Restaurant" in Xenia; of course, I went to the wrong one as there were two Chinese restaurants!

A friend was supposed to meet a person at a local bank for a financial transaction regarding a Club to which we belonged. She went to the bank on time for her appointment and waited for the other person to arrive. After a testy cell phone telephone exchange, she learned that the person was at the OTHER bank in town. The other person had no reason to be testy as she had not told WHICH bank location where she would be and my friend only knew about the one bank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you one thing; I'd rather go to YOUR PLACE than to OUR PLACE.

ML

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you one thing; I'd rather go to YOUR PLACE than to OUR PLACE.

ML