Background

Monday, May 12, 2014

SHILLS

At a recent City Council meeting, the City Manager, in his remarks, stated that we should patronize two local dispensers of plants.

I thought that was highly presumptuous, unprofessional, and unethical. I wondered how Kroger, Home Depot, WalMart, Aldi's, Ace Hardware, and other local vendors where I've seen plants for sale would feel about that boosterism.

Several years ago, at a meeting of my political party, a representative from the Farm Bureau had been invited to speak about a ballot issue. The person who introduced the Farm Bureau representative, told the assemblage that we "needed to" and "had better vote FOR the issue." I was incensed and I spoke up and said that nobody was going to tell me HOW to vote and that I was opposed to the issue and I stormed out of the meeting. I was grateful that two other people also voiced their dissent!

I don't need SHILLS to tell me where to shop or how to vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find them too high! ML