Background

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"HARD AT WORK"

Like our City Finance Director, who praised his hardworking "girls" at a City Council meeting, the newest reporter for the Washington Court House Record-Herald also must love "hard working" folks. In her debut, with two front-page articles, she praised the County Commissioners as being "hard at work" and the high-school graduates as having worked hard.

I met the reporter at a recent City Council meeting and I told her that there is NO way that I believe that any of the PART-TIME County Commissioners "work hard" and I know that not ALL graduating seniors "worked hard".

The reporter actually responded that she would be able to get the Commissioners to work hard. Although I assumed that she was joking, I responded that she would have to catch them first as every time I'd called for a County Commissioner, none were ever there!

I hope that the reporter gains some healthy skepticism and eschews generalizations in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Workin' hard or hardly workin'? ML