Background

Saturday, June 28, 2014

THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE

Les and I like the actress Chloe Sevigny and we decided to have a "CHLOE FILM FESTIVAL" to watch all of her movies we hadn't seen. We have enjoyed her performances in Boys Don't Cry, Shattered Glass, and Zodiac; she was nominated for an Academy Award and Golden Globe for her role in Boys Don't Cry. She won a Golden Globe for her television performance in Big Love. She is currently the lead in her own series Those Who Kill.

When Les saw Brown Bunny at the top of our Netflix queue, he asked, "Are you sure you want to see that? Roger Ebert said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen at Cannes."

Les watched the movie first and when I asked him about it, he said that he'd prayed that an asteroid would crash through the roof and kill him so that he wouldn't have to watch another frame! Later on, he said, "You know how you can tell that a movie is really bad? There are no previews of other movies with it; no other filmmaker would want to be associated with it."

I watched the movie, and Sevigny's performance was good, but, without a doubt, Roger Ebert was right.

Vincent Gallo was listed as the Writer, Director, Producer, Editor, and Co-Cameraman of Brown Bunny. Although I had seen Gallo in other movies, I hadn't been impressed with him. I am so glad, because I just read that he is a reprehensible person who uses despicable, anti-Semitic comments and other derogatory ethic slurs. I certainly don't need another Mel Gibson-type in my viewing life.

Sevigny was known as "The Queen of Indie Movies", but I wonder why she was willing to even be in the presence of such a vile person as Gallo.

The paramount reason to detest Vincent Gallo: when Gallo learned that Roger Ebert had panned his movie, he said that he hoped Ebert died of colon cancer. Two years later Ebert did die from cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I guess I won't rent that one! ML