Background

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

LITERALLY/FIGURITIVELY

A friend sent a grammar quiz from the Huffington Post. CLICK HERE to take the test.

There are eighteen questions in the test, and according to the results, I scored seventeen correct answers, although it should have been eighteen correct answers.

Arianna Huffington, et. al.: I don't care how many dictionaries were checked, the words LITERALLY and FIGURITIVELY do NOT have the same meaning.

Oh, haven't I already written about that very irritant? Of course I have; CLICK HERE to see my BLOG article FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING--LITERALLY here.

I just clasped my precious OED to my chest and exclaimed, "You'll never disappoint me, will you?" Question: Did I do that LITERALLY or FIGURATIVELY?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knowing you, I bet BOTH! ML