Background

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

CRINGE--FAYCO TALK


I have posted more than twenty "CRINGE--FAYETTE COUNTY TALK" articles since 2010.  A friend recently said that I should publish new ones.

Interestingly, he is the same person who mangled the pronunciation of DEMONSTRABLE (see the article from November 24,  2015). 

He didn't realize that he is "the gift which keeps on giving" (to use a cliche)!   He is the one who uses "TASKED".  

Just last night he said DISTRIBUTE but he pronounced it as  DIS-TRA-BUTTE!  In the same conversation he pronounced RETROSPECT as "RETRO-SPECT" with the emphasis on the RETRO!  

I kept pronouncing DISTRIBUTE to him as DISS-TRIB-YUT and he kept pronouncing it 
DIS--TRA--BUTTE and could not distinguish the difference in pronunciation.   He said, "That's the way I've always said it."  Once again I countered with, "I hope you didn't say it in public!" 




However, I must praise him because he quit saying "ANYWAYS" rather than "ANYWAY"!

Recently I have heard the following screamers, although they have been previously published in  other "CRINGE" articles:

VICE A-VERSA rather than VICE VERSA

FLUSTRATED rather tha FRUSTRATED or FLUSTERED

FERSHURE rather than FOR SURE

MANGO rather than GREEN BELL PEPPER

TOWARDS rather than TOWARD

Aron and Ziggy (my husband's grand niece and her husband) refer to these examples as "FAYCO";  thus, the name shall be FAYCO in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"THICK-OF-IT" for "THICKET"