Background

Monday, December 14, 2015

YOU'RE GOOD; TOO BAD YOU'RE NOT NICE

It's OK with Gerald that I adore Sam Elliott because he adores Sam's wife, the lovely Katharine Ross.
We saw first Katharine in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid and Gerald exclaimed, "Who is SHE?"  I asked, "You don't remember her from The Graduate?"  He had never seen The Graduate but we saw it together after that. Although she is probably best known for those two movies, along with The Stepford Wives, my favorite Katharine Ross movie is Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here.

Sam Elliott is an actor, writer, director, and producer and must rank close to Morgan Freeman in being the "King of Voice-Overs"! He is one of those actors (like David Strathairn) whose work I always watch.  We have had "Sam Elliott Marathons" --binge-watching anything and everything--available from Netflix, just because he has an appearance.  Les and I love Justified but I probably would not have watched it because of the subject matter, but when I learned Elliott was a guest, we just had to see the show!  It's the same with Parks And Recreation which I plan to binge-watch.

Although Ross and Elliott were both in the movie Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, they did not meet there.

In the 1970s we were on a shopping trip to Lazarus with another couple and I was dared to sit on Santa's lap.

Well, naturally, (naturally for me!) I readily obliged, and when Santa asked what I wanted for Christmas I said, "Santa, you never did bring me that LIONEL TRAIN I always wanted!" Santa replied, "That's because you weren't NICE!"

Gerald laughed uproariously and said, "Santa, I always tell her that's she's good;  it's just too bad that she's not NICE!"

Another time I was shopping with my sister-in-law Sheila and I sat down on Santa's lap and he was very accommodating and asked, "What do you want for Christmas, little girl?" and I whimpered, "Santa, you never did bring me that Lionel train I always wanted."  He said, "That's because you weren't a good little girl."  As I jumped from his lap, he gave me a pat on the tush!

Sheila said, "They must learn all that in Santa School!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa pinching your tush is classic! ML