Background

Monday, June 19, 2017

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

HAPPY 46th ANNIVERSARY to my husband.


We had a large celebration for our 25th anniversary.  My brother Ken shouted, "Toast! Toast!" Gerald lifted up a champagne glass filled with Coca-Cola to offer a toast and he said: "I married her for her sense of humor, but then I found out the joke was on me." I responded, "You didn't have the nerve to say that on our wedding day." He answered, "I was scared to death on our wedding day."

His reason for toasting with the champagne glass filled with Coca Cola was because on our honeymoon, we were having dinner at a very nice restaurant and I glanced at another table and saw a couple toasting each other with champagne. I said, "Awwwww, that's so
romantic." My new husband asked, "Sweetheart, would you like some champagne?" Wistfully, I said, "No, I just want to be toasted!" My husband summoned the waiter, and I swear he actually said, "Garcon!"  He asked the waiter for two champagne glasses and that he wanted them empty.  When the waiter brought the glasses, Gerald emptied our Coca-Cola into the glasses and lifted his glass and said, "Here's looking at you, kid." (OK, he had to borrow from Bogie on that one!)

 Happy 46th Anniversary!

No comments: